Friday, June 29, 2007

Inspiration, new curry concoction and a beautiful day!

Hello All! Another good and inspired day! I really am enjoying reading this new book of mine, this woman has a really great way of looking at things. Very blunt LOL but really encouraging. It feels sort of familiar the stress and self doubt that the young artist who is corresponding with her is feeling. I have started to find my own way, to know what to do to become inspired on just any day and this guy is asking many interesting questions of her. He is concerned about Originality, boredom, being stuck with the same subject all the time. She really gives insight to how to just be yourself and just work through times you are not feeling inspired. She talk about creating "bad" art just to keep creating, even if you are unsure if you feel it is "good" work. The idea is to push through and eventually by playing with "non-serious" work one will rekindle the fire and find something inspiring and things will roll once again. I think I can see that in my own work. I often get so concerned with the perfect subject I will block up and stop working. The other thing she talks about is working when you are not in the mood to create. She feels that often if we should just keep working even if we are not in the mood, like any other job, one can still create art even if we are not in the mood. Food for thought! I really like the idea of playing and not always expecting to create good art... more of that in my future and more exploration of what I want to show to the world.. my views. She seems to feel one should just be themselves and that is original enough. I like that. I often worry i am creating too much work centered around my own life and my family, but that's what I am interesting in now. Why should I change that? I am not planning to do that all my days, just part of myself I want to explore. Anyways I am fine tuning my abilities while working in this way. I am learning to be bold with my work. Just Do it! ha ha ha Well it is good advice really! I guess it is a good thing that I have so many different subjects and styles I want to try in the future, as she writes it's just to keep the many ideas in order and not let the over stimulation block you up LOL I feel that way for sure! Well I am off to eat some new curried concoction I have created! Couscous, Chick peas, raisins, cranberries, onion, curry and honey!! mmmmmm :-D Supper with my mom who has retired as of today!!! :-D YAY go mom go mom go!! Now she can kick back, read as much as she wants, stay up drinking, garden right into the fall and socialize like crazy! :-D xoxox *good energies today!*

No comments: