Monday, June 18, 2007

A new attempt at an online journal :-S

Hello there! Back at this again LOL I am sitting here with a coffee with an internal dialog discussing why I want to reveal my thoughts to the world.... hmmm maybe nobody will read this after all ;-) So this will be a place for me to play with ideas and talk about what's going on in my life. Oh yes... be prepared!

So I am an artist.. or trying to be an artist.. By that I mean I paint and draw and try to sell my works. Of coarse this doesn't happen nearly enough! I paint people, my big fascination in life, I love to study people and try to get into their heads. I guess like all artists I am pretty sensitive, I am a sponge for emotions and love to hear about peoples lives (where they've been and who they have known, what is or was important in their lives, what their struggles have been) Pretty much anything dealing with people. I paint portraits, nudes and figures in everyday life. At this point I am just finding my path, trying to see how things work in the art world. Maybe hiding out a little more than I should but things are soon to change.

So this summer is going to be very inspiring for me. I will be heading out to Gaspe with my husband to visit some of his family and luckily this year I have my schnazy new camera to take fabulous photos! Also will go to the Jazz Fest in Montreal which is always a HUGE inspiration to me! I just love the atmosphere there.. drums beating to my gait and melodic voices from all over the world... not to mention the packed cafes with interesting faces.. perfect faces for me to paint!

Anyways enough wasting time... procrastination.... a bad habit to be kicked this summer! TOP of my list of to dos **GET MY BUTT IN GEAR!!!!!**

No comments: