Tuesday, June 19, 2007

In search..

Wow what a thrilling day of looking at galleries... (much sarcasm here!)!! :-P I have been looking at galleries online trying to find some that my work might fit into. Of coarse my art went well today, working on a pastel of a friend sitting in a huge chair at a really funky cafe in downtown montreal. So that was all fun but trying to find where to show it.. :-S not so fun! I think people who do figures and portraits have it more difficult as there are limited galleries interested in hanging that style of work. An artist must have the balance just right, right pigments, right colors, right technical ability, layout, and just plain style to hit it off in the art world. It's just finding the fit like a puzzle.

Anyways today went very well, painting, gardening, visits and walks! Tired out now from everything :-) Good tired though. Will kick back with some wine and call it a day! Hopefully hubby will read more Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy to me tonight :-P ;-) Much fun, much needed these days!! I think this will be a long week and I just can't wait to kick back after it and enjoy the rest of my summer! A lot to look forward to, trip to gaspe, visits with friends, retirement party for mom, painting up a storm and of coarse the Jazz Fest! :-)

No comments: