Monday, June 18, 2007

Wow so many people!

Geeze I have been sitting here looking through old school classmates and just random people surfing on (wow wonder which site is so popular right now..) a social website. I just can't believe how many people there are.. and how many have such different lives than my own. Not a bad thing really, I enjoy my life and style for the most part, it's just crazy how many different ways there are to live. One of the funniest things is how close in proximity I have been to some really amazing and inspiring people without realizing they were there. On the other hand it is also quite astonishing how shallow many around me are... or were. I guess tonight I am just thinking about how important it is to draw the interesting and inspiring people in closer to me. Also to let go of the negativity that I feel towards people who in my eyes have wronged me or even just who see things in a very different way than myself. I have a habit of taking grudges against people or beliefs that rub me the wrong way.. it really isn't worth the negative emotional energy. I was listening to a show as I was painting today, an interview with Selma Hayack. She actually said something that stuck in my head, something like "Embrace adversity with all your heart as it is the greatest teacher you will ever know." I think that should become my new mantra.

No comments: