Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tuesday and still Surviving! :-)

So!!! The wedding went very well... Was a perfect day, the couple couldn't have asked for better weather. A light breeze but amazing sun and warmth! The ceremony went well and the reception was awesome, good music, food and company! I was rather surprised with the quality of the vegetarian food we had, most places either serve spaghetti with plain tomato sauce OR 5 sprigs of asparagus, a lemon wedge and a potato... LOL Not so exciting! This time we had a fabulous eggplant entre with soft goat cheese and zucchini then a puff pastry with lentils, onions, cashews and prunes!! Not to mention the carrots, mushrooms and parsnips! Wow I am getting hungry just thinking of it! Anyways lots of good dancing and socializing despite all the stress beforehand it was well worth it!

Now I am just ironing out details for my mothers retirement party and getting ready for my well deserved trip to Gaspe! I'm looking at a stop near Rimouski to see the Metis Gardens! I am so excited to go there! Will bring my camera and steal some inspiration from them for my own garden in progress here at home :-) It will be amazing to get away and just visit with Ian for a while. I also plan to get a sketch book entirely for landscape while I travel around there.... mmmm something entirely new for me, give me people or objects and I'm fine trees and water... I guess we will see! It's not so much in my nature even though I adore nature and wildlife to paint it.. I guess I feel my domain is a little more experimental but then again one really can't know until they try! So!! I guess this will be an experiment! Maybe it will be a compromise and I will sketch people in the landscapes LOL!!! I also know for a fact that there are amazing old photos of Ian's family at the house we will stay at in Gaspe. The house was inherited by his mother a few years back, it's around 100 years old so very full of character!! It also is right on the border of Forillon Park so there will be many hiking trails and we will deffiantly make use of the beaches and of course Whale watching :-D :-O

Well I am off for now! I am going to sketch for a bit then kick back with a glass of wine and enjoy this beautiful summer weather! Hopefully tonight's walk will be as magical as last night's with so many fireflies not to mention the little deer who popped out to check us out! Summer out here in the country is just so amazing it does feel like a fairy land sometimes with the land so full of life and little spirits all around us. Not meaning to sound strange but it really does make one see that there is so much amazing energy in our lives and we just have to slow down to observe it. xoxoxo

No comments: