Monday, July 9, 2007

Weeewwhhh, Jazz Fest, retirement party done done and done!

Wow soo much going on this month! Now I am just looking forward to kicking back and relaxing a bit before our trip to Gaspe. Some time to get some art done and things tied up.

So, my mom and aunt's retirement party was a success, everyone said that they had a great time. There was quite the abundance of food :-P ok maybe a little overkill but hey! I had many yummies left to snack on for a few days. Everyone was such a help, arranging food and just extra hands to keep things running smoothly. Anyways all in all I think it was a decent send off.

Oh and we had a chance to go and walk the Jazz Fest in Montreal, though sadly it's never enough time for me. I have always loved the atmosphere at the festival, so next year I have to do double time to make up for my lack this year. I was still able to take some interesting photos and find a new musical group to discover.

The group is called DJ Dolores and Aparelhagem. Really amazing mix of sounds. They are a Brazilian group, very jazzy tone with yummy, lusty trumpets, I do have a big love affair with dirty trumpets. The website for them is : http://www.djdolores.com/ there are some clips of their music on the site. mmmmm one more for my growing collection :-)

It really is quite amazing the faces that reveal themselves in that crowd. So much that would be paintable! Amazing men with long dreads, children smiling and playing, old faces and young faces, people of every color and background. It's just so amazing and beautiful. The music is just amazing and so varied. I have discovered several groups who I have continued to listen to and follow over the past few years. Really the feeling of the fest is something so energized with creativity I am like a bee to a flower, it nurtures me and my creative spirit.




No comments: