Monday, September 24, 2007

Emotions like the falling leaves

Wow it's been a crazy week... not seeming to calm down yet. Still being very creative with lots of new ideas. It's weird sometimes when life throws you for a loop emotionally. I am always surprised at how fast and frequently our lives take turns. Anyways needless to say it's been one of those weeks.... ups and big downs. It is really nice to see the fall coming in. Smells like fall, those maple leaves and their sweet earthy scent. Makes me feel like cooking.

Cooking is so amazing, I feel good when I play with beautiful veggies from the garden which we cultivated. Creating something that is good for myself seems to be like a meditation, it's creating for pleasure and for health.. not a bad deal at all!! It's so great to see the huge variety that we gardened, so much amazing food to try new recipes! Just to state it now my absolutely FAVORITE cookbook is : Passionate Vegetarian by Crescent Dragonwagon. Ok so her name is a bit comical BUT she REALLY knows her stuff! She is very experimental with food. To be honest every recipe my husband and I have tried from this book has been a BIG success. I have to say the one recipe that sold the book to me was Braised Red Cabbage with Onions and Apples in Red-wine and Cranberry Sauce! Yum YUM! Today I am trying a beet recipe with sweet and sour creamy beets!

http://www.passionatevegetarian.com

Check it out! This is really a MUST HAVE for people who are vegetarian or who like to cook Vagetarian.

Well anyways I am hoping this week will be better than last with less ups and downs. The karma has just been out of whack... maybe the magic of fall will balance things out. My big fuzzy cat sitting by my side seems to think better times are to come. Now back to my cooking!! :-D





No comments: