Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Canning Tomatoes, painting and waiting for the art show!

Wow so much happening these days, hard to keep up with my journal. Things are coming together though! Finally I am all set for the art show next weekend (8th and 9th). I only have a few last minute details to touch up. Not too bad for someone so disorganized! Maybe I am finally learning something?? LOL Be OVER prepared LOL Then you can kick back and take some much needed breathing time.

I am sitting here boiling up some tomatoes with hubby, it's such a nice fall activity. It feels very fall in the air, the leaves are starting to turn and the garden is coming to an end. I am really excited to get a party together for Samhain (Halloween). I guess any excuse to eat with friends... LOL I want to get lots of mulled wine and harvest foods for everyone to enjoy. I think we will have this party on cousin's porch and deck it out well! Could be lots of fun! Who says Halloween is only for kids ;-) I do feel my witch within stirring these days.

I was able to get some FABULOUS photos of a friend to paint from last weekend. Even with the rush I managed to get all my under painting for a pretty large painting all finished yesterday! I am very inspired by these photos... can you tell? We used an old barn of her families for the setting, rather interesting to have someone scared of heights crawling around up in the lofts... LOL *ahem ahem* not that I am that bad with heights ;-0 :-P :-S Anyways the photos turned out perfect just how I envisioned them. Spooky and contrasty!! I am planning to work on this painting again today at this rate I might even be able to bring it with me for the show next weekend!




I am off! Tomatoes need to be canned and the painting is calling to me. Back with news of how the show proceeded after the weekend!

No comments: