Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Red, red, RED!

Hello hello! I am in a great mood today, I just finished a really great painting! I did something I haven't done in a VERY long time.... play and try things! Well ok so I do that frequently but not so much in my art :-P It feels good to have just let go and tried something scary! Not to mention have it turn out! :-O




Hmmm not sure why the color isn't coming out well on the net but it's crazy red LOL! Blinding red! NOT like most of my works that are browns, blacks and soft skin tones LOL This is WILD for me LOL Hey it was good fun though! It feels good to have just tried some ideas that I've had for a while. I plan to do more like this with strong color. Of course to contrast that I also finished a painting of the same girl in an old barn LOL that is more neutral tones and spooky. Hey it's just fun to play, what is an artist who doesn't keep searching themselves!

So Ian and I finished re-arranging the apartment so I could have a better space to work. Wow what amazing light in my new work space! Two big windows! Better than painting in the kitchen LOL... mmm plus now I am right beside a heater.... will be nice for the winter months!

My b-day is in less than a week... going to be 27! Time flys! Not so bad really, maybe 27 will be a good year for me :-D Some things certainly seem to be coming together. I am planning to have just a few friends over and make a pile of Indian food, easy and fun. Sit and chit chat and maybe make some mulled wine to warm us up. Good to have friends to warm up with on cold days, good food and good talks make for fine memories!

No comments: