Thursday, October 18, 2007

Onto something!

Yes that's right, I think I am onto something these days! I think there is some sort of subject in my work without my intention! I think I am thinking about people's secret lives, who they really are beneath the skin and don't show anyone. What they know about the world, the secrets, the truths, what they know about themselves. Mmmm yes I think that might be it.

I know there is a lot of myself I just don't share with the world, granted that often leads to people around me not really understanding me. I think people often have this view that I am some fragile and sad little person, nothing could be more from the truth! I really am quite content with myself, I am generally a very happy and inspired person, much stronger than people would think. I have my views of the world and don't like to shy away from strong emotions though in the end I really am content. So I must conclude there is more to people than what we see from the outside.



My paintings just seem to be painting themselves these days which I think speaks of this underlying idea of the unavowed. This inside world just seems to fuel me. Maybe it's a way for me to explore myself through study of others. Well I should stop now and get to my easel, sitting there with my newest creation... larger than life! One has to love the empty and yet not moments of painting bliss when everything else in the world melts away and all you see is color, lines, shadows and soul discovery.

No comments: