Thursday, August 16, 2007

Crazy times!

Well I have been a bad girl... no no not too bad just too busy to write. ;-) I guess after Gaspe I took some time to try and catch up with life. Things just always seem to pile on. Now I am trying for some big changes, like I said before this fall is my time to get out of my comfort zone and show my work off a bit.

It's time to let the world see some of my work and maybe make a few $$... hopefully LOL It's a start but I am doing a little show up in Morin Heights with a friend of mine and some other artists. Nothing too fancy but hey, will be better than poking around here EVERY weekend. I can't expect people to just see my website and come to me. I think artwork never really looks as good in a photo anyways so better for people to see it first hand. I have done shows before just nothing in quite a while... maybe for the good... or the bad but at least I feel my work is where I want it to be development wise before I start to display it. I was quite surprised at how nice it looked to have made a decent portfolio(Today thank you very much!) it looks really nice printed and mounted on black pages. I have at least 40 paintings I am very happy with that can be shown. Now I can focus on where I want my work to go. I see with it all laid out what works best in terms of subject and interest. There are some of my paintings that are more detailed than JUST portraits. I think this is where I should go. Ideas and portraits together. Just gaining a balance of something that people can identify with and still be special and interesting to me.

I am very lucky to have two friends recently take an interest in modeling for me, people who I have asked for a looonnnngggg time LOL I think once they start it will be quite addictive! I know one of them(who already posed and enjoyed the results, my work) Will be back soon :-P The other will be posing for me this weekend... ohhh ideas abound, I have plans...concocting many plans! She will be scared *evil laugh* whoo whooo ha ha haHA ;-) witchy enough for you? MMmmmm looking forward to Halloween... ok so it is two months away but hey!! Some people love x-mas I LOVE Halloween!

Anyways my days will be filled with framing... BAH! and finishing a few works. I guess now I have no excuse not to write. I have had my vacation and enjoyed it immensely. Now it's time for the crunch and making things happen! Raaaaa!

No comments: